ARMA-Global is currently pursuing qualified candidates in support of a US Government Department of Defense contract. The Government Customer has a requirement to provide enterprise-wide information technology services and distribution to various components through a modern, flexible, scalable, performance-based service management and delivery framework.
ARMA-Global is a full service integrator focused on both government and commercial clients. We bring extensive, real-world experience in overseeing the design, implementation, execution and ongoing support of domestic and international programs. With the mounting global complexity of the war on terror, ARMA-Global prides itself in providing creative solutions to client challenges. Our customers and industry partners appreciate the flexible solutions ARMA-Global provides through tightly integrated core lines of business.
Systems Administrator / Network Technician
As an intermediate systems administrator/network technician, performs installation of information/network systems equipment in remote locations. Includes regular local travel via government vehicle. Plan and coordinate installs of new computer and network equipment and technologies. Provide support for information systems and network systems in remote locations, as well as local support. Works with other systems and network professionals as required to coordinate efforts, and resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes. Conducts site surveys in remote locations to facilitate the installation of information and network systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- MCITP or equivalent preferred, MCP or equivalent required
- DOD 8570 compliant
- Competent to work at a technical level on all phases of systems administration activities
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers
- Must be a consummate professional in both demeanor and attire
- Able to create and maintain network diagrams
- Excellent cable management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Network +
- Security +
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance
- Work environment is in an office environment
- AS or equivalent experience (4-8 yrs experience as a systems administrator/network technician)